In this one-day trip we’ll go on the round of Marathon lake through a lakeside forest route. Situated in a very short distance from Athens and between the municipalities of Dionysos - Oropos and Marathon, this artificial lake of 2,450 acres supplies the capital with water since the construction of the dam in 1931
• 09.30 - Meeting at our office at 11 Helmos st. in Agios Stefanos.
• 09.45 - Departure to Marathon Lake on a provincial forest road.
• 10.20 - Arrival at the lake and short stop for photos.
• 10.30 - Departure following the lakeside route
• 11.30 - Arrival at Agia Anna and short stop for rest.
• 11.45 - Departure to the dam.
• 12.15 - Arrival at “fragma” café overlooking the lake and stop for a coffee or a drink
• 13.00 – Departure from “Fragma”
• 13.45 - Arrival at Aghios Stefanos and end of tour.
Excursion Details: Distance 34,8 km / MA 412 m. / Min.A 1015 m. / S85-A15 / DD 3:5
Offered: snack & water.
Note: MA=maximum altitude, Min.A=minimum altitude, DA=Difference of altitudes, S=Soil, A=Asphalt, DD=Degree of difficultyV
Our route starts at the center of Aghios Stephenos and reaches the lake with variations through a passable forest path, a lakeside route on rural dirt roads next to crops and passages crossing streams. Of great interest is the vegetation encountered with bushes, tall pine trees and shady plane trees as well as the unobstructed view to the lake and the green fields surrounding it. Shortly before the end of the trip, we relax enjoying a cCoffee or our refreshment at the garden of “fragma” café before we take the road back.